Coaching ServicesFor Parents of Gifted/2e Children
No matter where you are in the process,I help you navigate with patience, joy, and confidence.
- Trying what the parenting books say, but nothing works to impact behavior consistently.
- Worried that school is not going well, even though your child is highly capable.
- Losing your mind managing outbursts, sensitivities, and expectations.
- Not sure what gifted or twice exceptional means, but have a hunch it’s part of your puzzle.
- Worried your child is doing too much and you want to manage stress.
- Worried your child is doing too little and you want to increase motivation.
Take a deep breath.
Let’s make your journey as smooth as possible.
Everyone benefits when you make yourself a priority.
You let go of what doesn’t matter.
You have energy to dance with the whims of life.
Since you can see what’s ahead, the what if’s don’t feel so scary.
You reconnect with the playful presence you want with your children.
Making yourself a priority honors your worth AND the work you do.
You don’t have to figure this all out on your own.
I’ve been there. I get it.
What I Do:
- Provide compassion, insight, and options surrounding what to expect on the gifted/2e parenting journey
- Help you navigate the landscape of choices, decisions, and challenges with positive action and confidence
- Support your own well-being so you can be the patient parent and persistent advocate you’ll likely need to be
What I Don’t Do:
- I do not assess or diagnose children.
- I cannot guarantee the success of next steps, parenting decisions, or insights.
- I do not offer specific parenting or advocating techniques for particular diagnoses, though I can help you find resources and options.
- I can’t offer the one right answer, because that never exists. (Sorry.)
Not sure if you're 'gifted/2e'?Welcome to the club. That's part of the puzzle.
The hard part of this parenting journey is not really knowing if you ‘fit’ a certain category. What matters to me is the intensity. If you’ve got a child (or more) who shows some serious intensity in any area of life, including emotionally, let’s talk. If we’re a good fit, great! If not, I can point you in the right direction.
Your mindset sets the tone for your entire family. (#nopressure)
Make sure you don’t get lost in the process.
You must set aside time for yourself. If you do not take time to recharge your own batteries, there will be no energy to give to others.
– James T. Webb, et. al., from A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children